There are lots of reasons people prefer soft water to the hard water we experience in the West of England. Here is a short video from Fuse School, which explains how rain falls as soft water and becomes hard water across our region due to the geology. Here’s the science bit…
Water Softener installation – saves you time, money and helps the environment
By installing a water softener, you can:
- Eliminate limescale from new appliances and surfaces in both the kitchen and the bathroom.
- Reduce the existing limescale which has already built up in your appliances, over time.
- Lessen the damage you can’t see, caused by limescale in your pipes and water heating systems.
- Prolong the life of your boiler, washing machine, shower and dishwasher.
- Slash your shopping budget for detergents, cleaning and de-scaling products.
- Decrease the hours spent cleaning, scrubbing and de-scaling to remove limescale, watermarks and scum-lines.
- Minimise the release of chemicals from the detergents, cleaning and de-scaling products into your home and the water treatment system.
Additionally, you can reap the benefits of better skin, soft, silky hair and brighter clothing with your own domestic water softening system.
All the water softeners we recommend are specifically designed to work in the hard water regions of the UK.
Soft water saves money:
- Without limescale build-up, central heating systems run more efficiently – which should reduce your bills
- Use up to 75% less soap and detergents with soft water – saving on cleaning products & toiletries
- Washing machines and appliances last longer and won’t break down due to limescale damage
- An average family of four could save over £400 a year with soft water.
Watch these short Kinetico videos to see how a water softener can improve your home.
Spend less time cleaning:
Just think what you can do with the time you’ll save from no longer having to:
- Scrub and clean the hard water marks from stainless steel, marble or granite in your kitchen.
- Unclog blocked shower heads.
- Scour limescale from your toilet bowl and shower tray.
- Wipe away scum-lines or limescale built up on your sinks, baths and shower screens.
Look and feel great
It’s not just your home that will look and feel better – it will work for you too:
- Hair will feel silky and soft, and look much shinier.
- Skin feels cleaner, smoother less irritated. That tight feeling after a shower or bath will be a thing of the past.
- Some skin conditions, like eczema or acne, can be improved – see this BBC report about a trial for eczema suffers
- Your laundry should be brighter and whiter, and depending on the quality, softer.
Which water softener is right for you?
A Kinetico Premier Compact water softener is the top of the range non-electric, water softener with innovative, sleek and compact design, and up to the minute technology.
Enough though it will be hidden away, in most cases, the Premier Compact water softener oozes style.
It effortlessly provides soft water to the whole house 24 hours a day. Once you get used to a life with soft water (and it won’t take long!), you’ll wonder how and why you ever managed without it.
Kinetico has a range of water softener solutions to suit all needs. We are an authorised dealer for the West of England, and will guide and assist you through the selection process with our free, no obligation demonstration and survey, making sure you receive the best possible outcome. After all, our customers become our friends, as we build our relationship for many years of hassle-free water softening.
We not only provide installation but salt collection, delivery and servicing. Our customers rate us highly, don’t take our word for it, read our reviews.
Why choose Kinetico?
World No.1 in water treatment solutions
Kinetico's water experts work hard to engineer smart products, to bring you the very best water treatment solutions. Millions of people around the world look to Kinetico; in fact, users include Buckingham Palace, The Savoy, Thames Water and the Royal Mint, all of whom demand the very best.
Inventors of the non-electric, twin-cylinder water softener
Kinetico invented the innovative, non-electric, twin-cylinder water softener more than 45 years ago and it remains the best system available in the industry to this day! The patented approach to water treatment eliminates the hassle of timers, computers and electrical breakdowns by using water power instead of electricity. Meanwhile, the dual-cylinder design ensures you have a constant supply of softened water, unlike with other single-cylinder systems.
Saves money and the environment
The non-electric Premier Compact Water Softener uses the kinetic energy of water to power the unit, making it both economical to use and environmentally friendly. Our system also monitors water usage and only processes your water when needed, eliminating waste and minimising energy use.
45 years in the industry
For more than 45 years, Kinetico has taken a smarter approach to solving water problems. The systems treat water efficiently, effectively and economically and some customers have had their Kinetico systems for more than two decades! Years of knowledge, expertise, and experience in the water solutions market means Kinetico is a brand you can trust.
Superior performance and warranty
Kinetico systems are built to last, and the Premier Compact Water Softener comes with a 10-year warranty to give you peace of mind. Some Kinetico products are also fully compliant with NSF and ACS regulatory standards and WRAS in the UK.
Why choose Shires?
- Cost effective water treatment
- Durable and reliable design
- 10 year Warranty
WE Softeners is an authorised Shires dealer.
About Shires Water Softeners
Shires Water Softeners produce compact and efficient water softeners and produce up to 650 gallons between each regeneration cycle. A combination of careful design, build quality, reliability, performance and low purchase price means that the Shires 15 SE electronic offers an excellent value for money.
Kinetico Premier Compact Water Softener
The Kinetico Premier Compact water softener, with e-max technology, combines maximum performance with eco-efficiency for ultimate soft water ...more
Kinetico Premier Maxi
The Kinetico Premier Maxi is a high performance semi-commercial water softener for households with 3-6 bathrooms. It is a larger v ...more
Shires NC200 Water Softener
Shires NC200 - Very small and compact Fleck Valve Metered Electronic Takes Tablet Salt Suitable 1 - 2 people 3 Years Parts Warranty He ...more
Shires NC280 Fleck Valve Metered Electronic Tablet Salt Suitable 1 - 5 people 3 Years Parts Warranty Height - 550mm Depth - 476mm - Wi ...more
Shires 15SE Electronic
The Shires 15SE Electronic Water Softener has been carefully designed to be one of the most compact and efficient electronic water softeners ...more
Commercial Water Softeners
Water softeners remove the calcium and magnesium ions, which cause hardness in water, through an ion exchange process. Water softening preve ...more