Updated 9th May 2020
W.E. Softeners Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.wesofteners.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR – the Act), the data controller is W.E. Softeners Ltd of 258 The Common, Holt, Wiltshire, BA14 6QL.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- You may provide us with information such as your name, email address, postal address and phone numbers when you complete forms on our site WE Softeners.co.uk (our site) or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, book at site survey, installation or service, use the click and collect service, leave a review or interact with social media functions on our site. Periodical we may run a competition, promotion or survey, ask us to contact you and when you report a problem with our site, at which time we may also request this information.
How long do we keep your data?
We will retain your information for the life of your Water Softener or Drinking Water System, or for as long as you regularly use our services e.g. salt, accessories or servicing.
If you make enquiries with us, and supply information, but do not complete a purchase your data will remain on our system for a period of up to five years.
Website Visit Information
Information collected about you
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What your information is used for
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Advise you of new and changes to products which we believe will be of interest to you – by way of marketing communications. (You will be given the opportunity to opt out of any marketing communication.)
- Payment for products via our ‘click and collect’ service.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information to:
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- uphold our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
- We may combine information from other sources, such as Google and social media, with information you give to us, and information we collect about you.
- We may us this combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Payment Information (Click & Collect)
- We do not receive any of your payment information from Paypal, only the monetary payment and unique transaction reference. Please see Paypal’s terms and conditions regarding data processing.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell, or buy, any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If WE Softeners Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third-party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us by email email@example.com or by post to 258 The Common, Holt, Wiltshire,BA14 6QL.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites such as partner networks, social media, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Subject Access Request
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your Subject Access Request (SAR) can be exercised in accordance with the Act by contacting us by email or post.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org